01. A fashion expert who wants to monetize
Our guest is a fashion business and media expert with over 15 years experience working in the industry. She is now using her experience of branding to rebrand herself and find a way to marry her love for storytelling, brand building, and communicating fashion and lifestyles.
Prioritizing offerings and making money
We give advice on how Tamiko can monetize her knowledge and skills in the competitive and crowded fashion industry.
- Tamiko’s goals for 2018 (01:45)
- Who her audience is (02:15)
- How she pivoted from working as a sales director to what she does now (03:21)
- Using her branding experience and knowledge to rebrand herself (04:45)
- Education and the power of understanding an industry (05:55)
- How Tamiko makes money and strategies for monetizing her knowledge (08:10)
- How Tamiko’s finances have changed since her pivot (11:05)
- The challenges Tamiko faces in trying to increase her business revenue (12:30)
- Phil describes the upside down triangle (15:10 )
- Figuring out Tamiko’s core expertise (17:25)
- Exploring the opportunities of fashion meets education (20:40)
- How Tamiko’s products fit within the triangle and other things she can do (21:56)
Get your very own worksheet of the upside triangle below.